~{ a work in progress}~

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sad day

Not going to lie about it, but it does not look like I am the best blogger out there. I am trying to get my life orgainized so I will just have to find a way to fit this in there too! I just wish that getting organized was as easy as being organized! I do know that is true because there are a few small things that are organized in my life, my scrapbooking things, some of my books at school, my coupons, you know the things that count! :)

I returned yesterday from four days in Sun Valley. It was a great experience for me and I will never pass that up! It is always nice to get out, but I was exhausted and therefore did not take full advantage of my time off. Josh did come up after work on Thursday for the night. It was nice to have him there, after dinner with another couple he slept on the couch as I read my book (19 Minutes and it is very good so far!) Just like being at home!


On Saturday morning we had our final session and yet another key note speaker.....but WOW! This guy was AMAZING! Michael Percher? (spelling is a little off and my stuff is at the school I will get back to you on this one!) He is what I needed to revive me and my energy in the teaching field. With all the BS that takes place with No Child Left Behind, ISATS, Istars, parents, and other teachers I was starting to think that this was not for me.......until him. He had me laughing and crying in the same sentence and it all had so much meaning to it! He said that it all starts with the heart and I could not have said it better myself..... funny how it sounds on here but if you could hear him said it with the added extras you would get it! I am going to stop at nothing to get him to speak in Caldwell. My principal in wonderful and I think I can talk her into it, and if not there is a teacher from another school that is talking to her principal!


The drive to and from Sun Valley was beauiful! It reminded me of driving in good ol' MT! I miss it there sometimes, especially now. My parents called yesterday and my "brother" died while I was gone. They decided not to tell me until I was home with my babies, and for once I am so glad they waited! Cletus was the BEST dog I have ever seen, even better than my two now. He was so kind and gentle......and my dad's best friend.

Every morning Dad and Cletus would start their day by going to the garage, where they each had a recliner to sit in, then head to coffee with the guys, head to work with dad in the drivers seat and Cletus as the passenger. They would go to location to location with dad doing his thing and Cletus chasing rabbits or whatever other animal that was there. Everyone knew and loved Cletus! There was even an article about dad and Cletty in the Sidney Hearld a few years back about that!


I remember the first time I took Josh home with me......we went out to the garage to "meet" Cletus and he was no where to be found! Dad said to look in the pick-up and sure enough..... Turns out dad had went to the store earlier without Cletus and so he jumped in as soon as dad got out in case there was going to be another ride, it was not going to miss it!

It is so sad to lose an animal, who is a member of your family, and has been for 14 years! Dad said that he is nowing chasing all the rabbits in heaven without pain. Sounds corny, but it does help knowing that!

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2008 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

OMG!! I was reading your blog wondering why Cletus was in your Sun Valley vacation and then you hit me with the news. It brought tears to my eyes. Damn dogs you get so attached to them. They are your children and you as well as anyone knows what I am talking about. Please give my deepest sympathy to your mom and especially to your dad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home