~{ a work in progress}~

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Clean Sheets

I love the smell and feel of clean sheets! I do wash ours quite often but I had to today due to muddy puppy prints if you know what I mean! :) Today was the first day that we had the sprinklers on and they went crazy running through them. But right as I was about to put the load in the dryer I heard it......a loud, scared scream followed by horrible scratching. I looked around for my dogs, of course they were right behind me. I listened for a bit longer and heard it again. I called Josh at work to see what the heck was going on and he told me that he was sure a squirrel was caught in the dryer vent but did not tell me this morning because he thought I would freak out- he was right! I was freaking out! He tried to tell me how to get it out.....

Instead I called my dad, yes he is in Montana, to see what I should do. My dad used to tell me that he could fix anything from the crack of dawn to a broken heart and I guess sometimes I really think that! Plus I wanted a different answer besides me having to open the vent. For some reason I could picture this big, angry squirrel jumping out to attack me. However, dad told me the same thing, I hate that! So I tried....I played (okay, looked and poked at the vent) for about five minutes when up the driveway came Jesus, our neighbor boy.
What a super hero he looked like! Of course he was just here to ask me if I wanted him to mow the lawn, but I gave him an extra job this time....GET THE ANIMAL OUT OF MY WALLS! He said he did, I did not see it, but I do not hear it anymore. I guess I will know if I smell something in a few days....
So now my sheets are in the dryer, another load in the wash, a Redbox DVD to watch, some new pictures Josh picked up for me before he left, and a big pop from Sonic to enjoy! Yes, this is the life! Josh is at the fights tonight with some buddies from work so I might head to a scrapbook store for a look (yesterday was payday!) but I haven't decided yet. It is so nice to have a chance to choose what to do now!

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2008 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

Yikes! I just hope the squirrel didn't have babies in the walls. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home