~{ a work in progress}~

Saturday, May 10, 2008

What in the world...

What have I been doing and where have I been? I really want to try to be a good blogger, but it is harder than it looks! As I am laying down in bed I think of all the great things I want to blog about.....and then just do not get to the computer to get those thoughts down, I will try harder!
So we (the 4th grade teachers and a great load of parent volunteers) took 70 4th graders to Craters of the Moon for an overnight field trip! I KNOW! We are crazy! But it was a great time and the kids had the time of their lives! So many of our students do not even get out of Caldwell and so this was a great opportunity for them. I was iffy about it, but now that we are back I know it was all worth it. There are a GREAT bunch of kids and did so well with it all.
So here is my heart wrencher for the year.....I have one little guy who I have worked so hard with this year to end up profiecent for our ISAT Math test. He worked so hard and passed, with points to spare! We both were so excited and I said to him that we needed a reward for all the hard work. I was thinking he would say a Frostie at Wendy's.....instead he hugged me, smelled my clothes, and as he did it he said "Mrs. V. you always smell so good, would you please take my coat home and wash it for me?" WOW! (I still get tears as I type this!) Talk about a kick in the heart! I thought this kid was going to want something bought for him and instead he wanted something as simple as his coat washed! Of course I did it, and it took everything for me not to strip him down and take everything home to wash it. He was so grateful when I bought it back the next day and just sat with it, smelling it, all day.
My BFF, Renae, and I were talking about this last night and we both agreed that we would have been so mad at his age if our teacher had said that she was going to wash our coat as a reward. Where and why is it like this? If nothing else I learned that I am where I need to be. These kids need me and I NEED THEM! I had thought about applying at some different districts, with better pay, but this is where I will stay. Granted a better paycheck would be nice, but the feeling I get from my students is better than money. I could go on and on about them and the great things they do, but I will save that for a different day. I just know that I am blessed by them and hope that they get as much from me as I am getting from them!
As for my weekend I am staying close to home. I cleaned the fridge today.....I hated doing it, but I love to look at it now! Love a clean fridge! My good friend Ester and I are going scrapbook shopping today and then have a date to scrap all day tomorrow! She is the best and I love that we can just pop in a movie (tomorrow is 27 Dresses, again!) and scrap away! I can not wait! I will miss my mommy tomorrow, but I know they will be here to visit soon, and I CANNOT WAIT! I miss my family!!
Okay, I hope the weekend is wonderful for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home