~{ a work in progress}~

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Catching up

This is Graci...she thinks she is the queen of the house. My animals have taken over my life!

What a weekend! I spent Friday at school, preparing for the start.....seriously, how is it possible that it is starting so soon? But, I do feel so good about where my classroom is and really where I am in starting the year! That is a good feeling! My student teacher spend the majority of the time with us and she is going to be so awesome to work with this year.

I then had a few people over for margaritas on Friday night. Lots of fun, but no pictures! What is wrong with me? It was the unofficial "I have lived in Idaho for 1 year party".

Saturday I went into Boise with Lori and she took me downtown to the Saturday street market...not the official name but you get the picture.....it was so neat! There were so many incredible booths to look at. I did fall in love with a "Top Gun", yes the movie, bag. I didn't get it and I am kicking myself over it today. And no, I cannot go get it next week because she said she was just passing through......

Anyways, we had a great lunch out on the patio and then some more looking around. So many good things to look at. Of course I cannot remember the name of this store (I seriously need to start writing things down.....) but I found the most funky, creative, just the BEST table runners I have ever seen! They were about a million dollars and my husband would have killed me.......so I decided to try to make my own! I know, I am going CRAZY!

I have always wanted to get into that "quilting/sewing" thing, and I know you think I am crazy Tammy, but I am and going with it! We went to a fabric store.....insert name here when I remember........and they had their fabric for $3 a yard! Lori and I looked and picked 6 different ones that I think will look fabulous together. (And got one extra just because I liked it.....this is where the problem is going to be with this habit, that and the money! )


I am going to Wyoming to visit Josh this weekend so I am going to take it with me to work because he will be gone all day long working.....I am the best wife ever to drive down there. Whole other story I guess..... Anyways, I did start to cut and play with some of the fabric, but I am so excited.....and now everyone knows what they are getting for Christmas! :) I am making myself stay home and not go buy more fabric while it is on sale!

Anyways, I made this 6 x12 page at Lori's house after our outside playing and I think it will be so cute in my scrapping / now sewing area! I love that! I have to admit though, I stole the idea from Lori Renn. When she showed me her AMAZING room she had one in her room that I loved and so here you go!

I have a busy week with classes at BSU from 8-5 Monday through Friday. No idea how I am going to make it. I need to sleep in! :)

2 Comments:

At August 3, 2008 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HAND.

DRIVE CAREFUL!
TJ DIDNT LAST VERY LONG AGAIN ON THE MUTTON BUSTIN IN BUTTE LAST NIGHT. TAKE CARE.

 
At August 4, 2008 at 12:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes your animals are taking over your life because they made you go home early on Saturday! Just koking! So much fun and we are doing it again soon! Your page is awesome and I have been on a freakin role! Yay! Cannot wait to try some sewing too and BTW, I threaded my machine...knuckles! Have fun at class. Call me this week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home