~{ a work in progress}~

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Shimmerz paint......

So exciting! I got my new Shimmerz in the mail today! They are so fun to work with, check out their blog at:


I had to make something with them right away, and so I made a card for my dear husband, Josh. Out 1st anniversary is on the 28th and I love to make him cards instead of buying them. I think they mean so much more.
Besides, I love how he tells me that I am "so good" at it! :)

So this card was not made with any exciting new paper or ribbon, just scraps that I had saved for something special. I used these colors because they were the colors from our wedding.

As for the Shimmerz I used Mint and Lilac. I painted the chipboard letters and then stamped the hearts, from Close to My Heart's All My Love set, and painted over them with the Shimmerz. I did use the ink colors "Twilight" and "Amethyst", waited for them to dry and painted right over top of them! I LOVE the shimmer and color they add!

I pretty much started to paint anything that I could get my hands on.....I have some flowers that I stamped and then "Shimmerz" up! I will have to get working on them ASAP!

I am entering this card into a little contest that they are having.......so I am taking a few pictures with different views of.


2 Comments:

At July 17, 2008 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great, what a lucky man you have!
Heather

 
At July 18, 2008 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Lori Renn said...

Great job! Look at you all Shimmerin' and stuff! Yeah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home