~{ a work in progress}~

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home

There is just something about home, MY home, that I LOVE. I had a GREAT time on my trip, and Tammy was ever so kind to put up with me and my dogs....thanks for the dancing Tammy :)........ but it feels so good to be home. I love to sleep in my own bed, I love to take a shower in my shower, I love the smell of my candles burning, I love making a pot of coffee in the morning, I love the dogs chasing the poor cat around, I love the phone ringing and knowing its going to be for me....... I just love being home!! I still hate to get the mail because I know those bills are for me.......

I am so glad that I went to Deer Lodge.......I don't know how to put it into words.......but I needed that trip to know and figure things out. Since we left there last year (11 months ago, and I cannot believe that!) I have missed it everyday, every single day I thought about it. I would try to figure out what I would be doing if I was there and who I would be with.

Now I do not know what I missed so much anymore. I thought I had so many friends there, and so many great things happened there.....I don't know what I thought........ But this time I saw that it is not the same, and it never will be again. It made me not miss it anymore, and as scary as it is to say, Deer Lodge is not home anymore. (Now that is something I NEVER thought was going to come so easliy to say for me! )

I will always miss a few people there......and that is still so hard, but of course their lives have changed to. I know that these changes needed to happen, but it is hard to work with it when you are not there for the whole big move. I am so glad that Tammy and I were able to spend so much quality time together! I miss that sooooo much!

And Teegan......that will always get me.....that little guy is the cutest thing in world and so special to me for so many different reasons! I was there with him almost everyday for 3 years! I saw the potty training, and the learning to talk (and making up his own language....moo max were fruit snacks!), the first day of preschool, and really just growing....and I hate to miss that. We carried on a conservation this weekend, granted it was about my dogs (who ARE his cousins) trying on his clothes while he was with his dad. He was worried that they were too big and the dogs would trip and fall......one of the single cutest things I have ever heard/seen/done.

Okay, enough is enough already! I am not even making sense! Of course I have some pictures to share from my trip......cannot wait to get creative with them! (Please notice in the picture of the three of us girls out I am the only one without a drink in front of me! I am guessing I had already drank mine and was having another made.......)



1 Comments:

At July 8, 2008 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

Wow, you have me in tears. I can't stop crying. Gret pictures, but next time I need to approve of the ones that I am in. Those are hedious.
Sorry about all the drama a commotion this weekend. But I know all in all you were missing alittle bit of that drama - ha
Thanks for coming!!
Tammy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home