~{ a work in progress}~

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Official lists

So it is official, summer break has started. Being a teacher I am very lucky to have my summers off.....if you will call it that due to the trainings and classes that we have to take, cleaning and resetting up the classrooms, etc.......but I do have a few days to rest and relax.
I have NEVER had a summer off, and this was my 4th year of teaching, so I decided to take it easy this summer. Mind you I am working at the summer reading program through my school, but it is only 3 days a week.
I decided that I needed goals for the summer since I would have so much time on my hands. :) I have lists all over the place about the goals for that day, my goals for the week, and so on. I have decided that I will do 3 things a day in 3 the categories (which are school, house and reading). I really think I have this down to an art! I am making lists of the things that need to be done (cleaned) at home.....now this was HORRIBLE to look at to start with, but knowing that I only have to do three a day makes it almost nice to look at......if that is possible?
I am also MAKING myself get COMPLETELY organized at school. I have a student teacher this year, and I NEED to make sure she has the best experience possible. I know that I do what I am doing my job, and doing it well, but I am not sure that anyone else would be able to "find" anything in my mess......which I can ALWAYS find the things I need in! So I have made lists there too. Working at the school for the library is kind of making me go to my classroom to complete the goals. And I must say that I already feel better about the start of the year because of my progress thus far.....wait until mid August for the freak out blog!) :)
As for reading, I LOVE to do it, but I can not find the time during the school year. I always start books, but forget about it and by the time I can read again I have to start over because I have forgotten everything I have already read. So this was a must for my goals! I have found some great educational books that I have wanted to read as well as some new ones from Jodi Picoult that I have been dieing to read (she is the BEST if you have not read any of her books yet!) So I am making myself read chapters of each to make sure I get both done......if not I would only read the "good" books and not the educational ones. Funny how that works?
And now to the important stuff......scrapbooking! I have been kicking butt on getting things done! This is something that I will not make goals for, but it is my reward when I am good! :) I finished a bunch of wedding pages, some of when my family was here, and I am working on some pages for Renae, and some stuff for a gift someone special! I just love being here and being able to go to scrapbooking stores, and good ones at that, when I want to! Something that I know I take advantage of now that I have it! (I am not rubbing it in or anything Tammy!)
Well I am going to go read in the sun.....gosh my life sounds pretty fabulous doesn't it? :)

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2008 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

Well, first of all I know about the damn reading. I remember why I never start a book, because if it is good, then I don't stick it down. I started a Nora Roberts (Sullivan's woman) last nite at 9"30 and finished it at 1 am. Ridiculous. Now I wonder why I am dragging my butt.
I am trying to get my house finished up, the guys are coming Monday to clean my carpet. So I have LISTS galore and then I misplace them. So it is a no win situation.
Take care.
Tammy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home