~{ a work in progress}~

Friday, June 13, 2008

What a week!


My lovely family was in town visiting for the last 5 days and we had so much fun! I cannot believe that 5 days have come and gone already. It was so hard to say good-bye this morning for all of us.......but I am going to fly home sometime in August so that made things a little bit better. Mom was crying before Josh and I even came out and that got Johnna going. I had to start as soon as I saw them......poor Josh has still not gotten used to our bawl baby acts!

We had such a great time! We went t

o the zoo, went shopping, ate so much good food, hung out, and just had a good time all around. Some much needed family fun for me....it is so hard to be away from them some times.



Johnna being the girly-girl that she is HAD to go to Sephira in the Boise Mall. Me, being NOT the girly-girl, LOVED it! I could not believe all the make up in that store. Of course I wanted to buy three of everything, but stopped and realized that I would never ever wear all that make up. She of course stocked up for what looked like the next sixty years. And then on to the MAC counter(another make up store). As a birthday present Johnna had them do a make over on me, she even told them to go light and natural, and then bought me all that make up! I love it!I cannot believe the difference in the foundation from my cheap Cover Girl stuff. I think that I might be sold......until I have to go buy it myself! :) She then got herself make up, for the next twenty years in case she runs out, and a birthday present for another friend of hers. She could have bought a small country with the money she spent on make up, but she loved it all! I only wish I made money like her to not care! :)

And I got my hair done! As much as I love having a sister that does hair fabulously I hate it. I am cursed with bad hair cuts by anyone else, and especially bad color jobs! I am so spoiled by saying "Johnna do some
fun blonde and red highlight" and loving

the out come. Might have something to do with the fact that she knows me that well, but still. The last time I got my hair colored I said "Fun red highlight with NO fire engine red!" (Stressing NO) and came out bleach blonde with fire engine red.....anyways Johnna to the rescue! And I love it! It was almost scary to how much more we looked alike when she was done..... Mom even called Johnna by my name and was so confused when we both turned around. We both had the same shirt, but different colors so we had to do a "twins" picture. I cannot wait to scrap all of them!
Mom helped my bathe the dogs the other day and she said, "I have always dreamed of giving my grand babies baths, but I never pictured them being

so hairy!" She is killing me with the grand baby talk! Every time she sees sometime cute so a baby she says "When I have grand babies I will buy them this....." I told her to talk to Johnna if she wants babies in the near future! Johnna just laughed! Poor mom!
I am trying to remember everywhere we ate. We did Mexican at Fiesta one night, Cheesecake Factory (twice), Tony Roma, Macaroni Grill, Panda Express (twice for Johnna), Sonic drinks everyday, and Josh made tacos for us one night. So much good food! I swear I REALLY need to start walking now!
Yesterday we were driving to Target when Johnna heard and ad on the radio for a store in Boise called "Real Deals". The ad said they were only open until 3, and it was 1 so we headed out. Thanks to Ester and Map Quest we were able to get their easily.....and is that store wonderful! For anyone in the area you need to go there! They are only open two days a week

(Thursday and Saturday 10-3)but the stuff in awesome and cheap! I guess it is a chain like store, but locally owned. I do not know too much about it but everyone there was super good to us and we got stuff to redecorate my living room. It looks so good and I did it all for under $90! REALLY! It all looks too good! I will have to take pictures when the retouching of the paint dries.
So now I am going to start picking up from a week of 5 people, 2 dogs, and a cat running

crazy in my house. Josh is at work and the only noise I hear is the washer and dryer running and a few birds outside.....I love the quiet and I rarely hear it! The dogs of course and napping comfortably in THEIR bed, which my parents had while they were here and we were in the spare bed. It was so funny to watch Lilli and
Maggi get into bed and realize that it was not Josh and I in there! I love my babies! And I love my family! I am so glad that I have all these pictures to look at over and over for the next few days and then get busy and scrap them!
And school is out for summer! I go in Monday because we are interviewing for a new 4th grade teacher! I am excited to meet who we will be working with, but so glad to there to make the people feel better because I know what it is like to interview.....I did 4 last summer before I got my wonderful job at Van Buren! I hate to interview.....

1 Comments:

At June 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

Sounds like a great time with te family. Wish I could have been there. Did you get your b-day present?
I don't have your new #, so you need to call me, and Teegan is really missing you guys. We tried to call the cell phone the other night.
Take care. Tammy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home