~{ a work in progress}~

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

LATE night

Last night was a LATE one for me. I started working at about 9ish and could not stop until after 2am! I love doing that stuff, but it is so sad that it is one of that last nights I can do that before school starts......and lets just say that I can NOT do that during school.....for the kids sake! :)
I found this blog with some pretty cool challenges. You can do them to win prizes, and I did that for a few, but I really liked some of the older challenges as well. I know my picture taking skills need some serious improvement, but again, you get the picture!
These are two pictures of our nephew, Curtis, that I just "found"and had to use last night! I loved the way it turned out and used one of my "new" favorite techniques.....painting the sides. And I have one of EVERY color of paint thanks to Michael's recent 2 for $1 sale! The challenge was to use orange and green.The challenge for this layout was to use circles.....sounds pretty easy. And I really had the majority of this stuff still on my table from a layout I did earlier in the week.

I got this challenge off of Lori Renn's blog. It was one of those feel good things to do. The challenge was to think about a time that your grass was not greener. I did that, but decided that that was not something that I wanted to use and so I wrote about NOW and how my grass is pretty darn green! I am a pretty lucky girl I think!

And then I have two layouts that I did for fun! I LOVE that picture of my Graci and was just playing with stuff and came up with this. I don't think she will mind! :) And one of our self portraits from our 1st anniversary. Again, I used the painting technique!

Josh gets to come home tonight! I am so excited! He was going to stay until Sunday but they do not need anyone for overtime.....works for me! He will get home LATE tonight/ tomorrow morning and I start class again tomorrow. We are going to hit up the Caldwell Night Rodeo because a good friend from high school is riding. He is sitting 7th in the nation right now and trying for a spot in the Finals in Vegas! Pretty exciting!

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2008 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

well, we are getting ready to leave for Spokane. Very Excited.
I am looking forward to the layouts of Teegan - hint, hint.
Tell Joshie "HI" and we will talk to you later.

 
At August 14, 2008 at 12:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok it took me a minute then I was like, "OMG that is my child!" LOL! He seriously is a cutie pie. I really want a set of those, how sweet. The layouts are awesome and you have been busy. Tell my Joshie I said hello and welcome home! Hope to see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home