~{ a work in progress}~

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Over and done!

We just finished the first week.....okay, 2 days with the kids and it was FABULOUS!My first day with the kids was the BEST first day I have ever had....almost too good, I keep waiting for the bomb to go off and I have to get everyone back together again! (My sister said it is the calm before the storm....cross your fingers for us that that is not true!) My students are WONDERFUL! I almost feel like my student teacher would be better someone else because this is not normal. I mean, not even talking to their neighbors! I am so excited for the year because these kids are going to be so awesome to work with and teach! Makes my job so much fun!
I love how my room is set up and how well the kids are doing with it! They are so good that they earned the letters for cupcakes that I baked last night and we enjoyed today....some were better than others as I found the butter for the second batch in the microwave this morning! No one even said a negative word about them! The kids were also great with their manners! That is HUGE!! Most kids know their manners but I find it very rare for a kid to use them with things like this. I am so impressed with them!

I got my e-ticket today for a short trip to Denver the school district is sending me to. The week of school and I am taking time off....what is with that?
And now for 3 days off. Nothing planned and that is how I like it! Just some rest and relaxing! I now I cannot complain about my easy summer but it was hard to get back into the swing of things and I am tired!

3 Comments:

At August 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just cannot stop laughing at the story of your first days being so perfect! i would be scared too but I think you are gonna have the best year ever!

 
At September 2, 2008 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Tammy Beck said...

Wow! Sounds like a great bunch of kids. I have amazing groups so far. Can't complain and I love it!

 
At September 5, 2008 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cutie pie sister-in-law...I need an update!! How's life?? I miss you!! I left a comment on Tammy's blog for parent volunteer ideas...I thought of more too so call me! Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home